Posted Date2 weeks ago(2/7/2019 11:27 AM)
Requisition ID 2019-37522 # of Openings 1 Job Function Human Capital/Human Resources Job Schedule Regular Full-Time
MAXIMUS is a leading operator of government health and human services programs and has partnered with state, federal and local governments to provide critical, high quality health and human service programs to a diverse array of communities. Operating under MAXIMUS’s founding mission of Helping Government Serve the People® since 1975, MAXIMUS Federal Services is entirely focused on helping government agencies run programs cost-effectively and serve program constituents with improved outcomes. By being a responsible steward for government programs, we help the federal government deliver on its promises through our people, process and technology. Our focus is always on outcomes and results that connect citizens more effectively with government services.
The U.S. Census Bureau is the largest statistical agency of the United States Government, providing timely data on the nation's population and economy. The Census Bureau's mission is to serve as the leading source of quality data about the nation's people and economy.
The 2020 CQA program is the functional group at the Census Bureau that interfaces with citizens over the phone and other communications channels to assist them in responding to and completing 2020 Census Forms.
MAXIMUS Federal Services (MFS) is seeking a Manager to join our 2020 CQA Human Capital team. As a Manager of Human Capital, you will provide overall leadership, administration, and coordination for a specific region, as it pertains to HR matters. The role functions as an HR Business Partner that is responsible for aligning business objectives with employees and management within designated contact center. The position serves as a consultant on human resource-related issues for employees and management, as well as formulates partnerships with other HR and leadership within 2020 CQA Human Capital Team.
• Serves as the corporate interface for the coordination of all Human Resources and Payroll activities.
• Supervises a Human Capital staff of 5-10 employees
• Provides overall management and ensures the efficiency of routine Human Resources tasks at the site level
• Acts as a SCA SME regarding rules and regulations of the Service Contract Act
• Administers coaching/ counseling/ discipline with hourly employees as appropriate.
• Educates employees and managers on policies, procedures, laws, standards and government regulations.
• Works with employees and supervisors to resolve workplace concerns and issues.
• Investigates employee grievances and complaints.
• Schedule, plan, and/or attend required departmental and/or plant meetings.
• Ensure compliance with all established state and federal laws, regulations, and corporate policies.
• Submits reports and performs other duties as assigned by Director of Human Capital.
Education and Experience
• Bachelor’s Degree in a related business discipline, or the equivalent combination of education, professional training or work experience
• At least two (2) years of Human Capital Management experience is required
• At least Seven (7) years of related human resources experience
• Must be able to travel to different call centers sites in your designated regional area
• Knowledge of general human resources practices and procedures
• Knowledge of the relevant laws and regulations pertaining to the human resources function
• Experience working in a customer contact center/call center environment is required
• Excellent organizational skills with demonstrated ability to prioritize multiple tasks while maintaining timeliness and accuracy
• Strong communication and facilitation skills
• Ability to make effective presentations to small and large groups of employees, management of the business organization supported, and management of higher organizational levels in their business unit
• Strong ability to establish and maintain positive relationships with employees and managers at all levels of the organization while maintaining extreme confidentiality
• SPHR/PHR certification preferred
Additional Requirements as per contract/client:
• U.S. Census Suitability
EEO Statement: Active military service members, their spouses, and veteran candidates often embody the core competencies MAXIMUS deems essential, and bring a resiliency and dependability that greatly enhances our workforce. We recognize your unique skills and experiences, and want to provide you with a career path that allows you to continue making a difference for our country. We’re proud of our connections to organizations dedicated to serving veterans and their families. If you are transitioning from military to civilian life, have prior service, are a retired veteran or a member of the National Guard or Reserves, or a spouse of an active military service member, we have challenging and rewarding career opportunities available for you. A committed and diverse workforce is our most important resource. MAXIMUS is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. MAXIMUS provides equal employment opportunities to all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status or disabled status.