Posted Date2 weeks ago(2/6/2019 1:58 PM)
Requisition ID 2019-37526 # of Openings 2 Job Function Human Capital/Human Resources Job Schedule Regular Full-Time
MAXIMUS is a leading operator of government health and human services programs and has partnered with state, federal and local governments to provide critical, high quality health and human service programs to a diverse array of communities. Operating under MAXIMUS’s founding mission of Helping Government Serve the People® since 1975, MAXIMUS Federal Services is entirely focused on helping government agencies run programs cost-effectively and serve program constituents with improved outcomes. By being a responsible steward for government programs, we help the federal government deliver on its promises through our people, process and technology. Our focus is always on outcomes and results that connect citizens more effectively with government services.
The U.S. Census Bureau is the largest statistical agency of the United States Government, providing timely data on the nation's population and economy. The Census Bureau's mission is to serve as the leading source of quality data about the nation's people and economy.
The 2020 CQA program is the functional group at the Census Bureau that interfaces with citizens over the phone and other communications channels to assist them in responding to and completing 2020 Census Forms.
MAXIMUS Federal Services (MFS) is seeking a Specialist to join our 2020 CQA Human Capital team. The Human Capital Specialist will provide professional and administrative support for HR functions including: benefits, employment relations, workers compensation, safety, records management, policy and procedure and communications within a specific contact center
Essential Job Duties:
• Prepare or maintain employment records related to events such as hiring, termination, leaves, transfers, or promotions
• Interpret and explain human resources policies, procedures, laws, standards, or regulations
• Address employee relations issues, such as harassment allegations, work complaints, or other employee concerns
• Maintain current knowledge of Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) and affirmative action guidelines and laws, such as the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA)
• Confer with management to develop or implement personnel policies or procedures
• Determine causes of staff morale issues and strategize with management to address
• Lead ad-hoc projects that aim to improve the service to staff and management
• Submits reports and performs other duties as assigned by Human Capital Manager
Education and Experience
• Bachelor’s Degree in a related business discipline, or the equivalent combination of education, professional training or work experience
• At least three (3) years of HR Generalist experience
• Knowledge of general human resources practices and procedures
• Knowledge of the relevant laws and regulations pertaining to the human resources function
• Experience working in a customer contact center/call center environment is highly preferred
• Excellent organizational skills with demonstrated ability to prioritize multiple tasks while maintaining timeliness and accuracy
• Strong communication and facilitation skills
• Strong ability to establish and maintain positive relationships with employees and managers at all levels of the organization while maintaining extreme confidentiality
• SPHR/PHR certification preferred
• Ability to work as a team member, as well as independently
Additional Requirements as per contract/client:
• U.S. Census Suitability
EEO Statement: Active military service members, their spouses, and veteran candidates often embody the core competencies MAXIMUS deems essential, and bring a resiliency and dependability that greatly enhances our workforce. We recognize your unique skills and experiences, and want to provide you with a career path that allows you to continue making a difference for our country. We’re proud of our connections to organizations dedicated to serving veterans and their families. If you are transitioning from military to civilian life, have prior service, are a retired veteran or a member of the National Guard or Reserves, or a spouse of an active military service member, we have challenging and rewarding career opportunities available for you. A committed and diverse workforce is our most important resource. MAXIMUS is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. MAXIMUS provides equal employment opportunities to all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status or disabled status.