As A Matter of FACTA
Do you know about the Fair and Accurate Credit Transactions Act (FACTA) and how it affects you as an HR professional? Get the FACTA straight during our February meeting!
You will learn:
1. Identity Theft is the fastest growing white-collar crime in America and it's all over the news
2. Identity Theft affects almost 11 million Americans each year and is NOT limited to financial matters
3. Discussion of 5 categories of Identity Theft
4. Synopsis of Identity Theft and its impact on the workplace
5. Summary of Federal and State Legislation that Affects the workplace
6. Summary of Fair and Accurate Credit Reporting Act (FACTA) requirements and penalties
7. The basics for getting in compliance, because enforcement begins on December 31, 2010
8. A Guide for Protecting Personal Information at Work
9. Samples of Texas company settlements for those out of compliance
10. Suggestions on how to reduce your Organization's Potential Losses
About Our Speaker:
This program has been approved for 1.25 recertification credit hours toward PHR, SPHR, and GPHR recertification through the Human Resource Certification Institute (HRCI). For more information about certification or recertification, please visit the HRCI homepage at www.hrci.org.
Barry Sea Siegel is a Success Achievement Coach, Seasoned Executive, Identity Theft Consultant, Trainer, Author, Speaker, Radio Personality, and Entertainer.
Barry spent over 35 years as a top executive with a major division of Omnicom Group, the world's leading marketing communications and advertising organization. He had major responsibility for taking a start-up producer of help wanted ads with under $1 million in billings, to an international leader in integrated staﬃng solutions with over $1 billion in billings. Along the way he was recognized by HRO Today Magazine as one of the Superstars of HR Outsourcing and the Inventor of Recruitment Process Outsourcing.
Since retiring as President of Bernard Hodes Group, Barry has started a second career, appearing on 650 Talk Radio and coaching CEOs as well as other driven individuals to share his success achievement secrets, and help protect them from identity theft.