Human Resources Generalist
Harbison-Fischer, Inc. - Crowley, TX
Supports all facts of Human Resources activities for the Company and ensures legal compliance and adherence to Company policies. Assists HR Manager regarding benefits administration, payroll, employee relations, recruiting/onboarding, training, recordkeeping, data analysis and reporting.
• Assists in resolution of conflicts and provides coaching and counseling on employment matters.
• Performs analytical tasks in support of HR activities in relation to compensation, turnover and headcount.
• Facilitates compensation process and benefits administration; assists with the development and implementation of hourly workforce compensation recommendations.
• Assists in managing administration of and adherence to human resources policies and procedures.
• Assists with investigations for business units or corporate functional areas.
• Coordinates training needs assessment and participates in training activities and special projects.
• Ensures complete and accurate employee information in all human resource information systems.
• Contributes to the department continuous improvement culture.
• Consults with human resource manager and hiring managers to understand staffing needs; creates and posts internal and external postings.
• Collects resumes; conducts pre-interview calls; schedules interviews.
• Prepares offer letters.
• Assists with new hire orientation and coordinating on-boarding activities.
• Consults with hiring managers to deliver innovative and efficient solutions for hiring needs.
• Develops specific recruiting plans to achieve a pool of qualified candidates.
• Uses recruiting tools such as applicant tracking and job boards to fill open requisitions rapidly with qualified employees.
• Influences hiring managers on how to identify, acquire and retain best talent.
• Understands our broader business and be able to answer questions around Apergy strategy, goals, and culture.
• Ensures compliance with provincial/state and federal statutes related to human resources.
• Prepares reports and analyses on recruiting and hiring activities; assists manager with workforce planning analyses.
• Liaises with various agencies, businesses, and professional organizations related to recruiting for a variety of employee populations.
• Maintains confidentiality
• Four-year college or university degree in Human Resources, Labor Relations, Industrial Psychology or related field or equivalent education and/or experience.
• SHRM or HRCI Certification
• Recruiting in manufacturing and/or oil and gas industry.
• 2+ - 5 years of related experience.
• Experience with Applicant Tracking Systems (preferably Workday)
• Good verbal and written communication skills, including strong presentation skills.
• Intermediate analytical skills.
• Advanced level of Excel skill required. Good computer skills, including Microsoft Office suite and PDF editor software.
• Respect for detail(s).
• Good organizational and time management skills.
• Basic knowledge of human resource information system capabilities.
• Proven ability to positively and actively build cross-functional relationships.
• Self-motivated and directed; ability to collaborate is a must, but you will be autonomous and expected to succeed without heavy direction.
• Excellent communicator, ability to interact on the telephone and in-person with people from all levels of an organization.
• Strong intellectual curiosity and a desire to understand the business.
• Ability to combine business acumen with strong influencing skills to advise and coach hiring partners.
• A natural inclination to work within a culture that is fast-paced and dynamic.
• Highly organized and able to prioritize and drive efficiencies.
• Strong math and analytical skills.
• Good negotiation and mediation skills.
• Strong organizational and time management skills.
• Strong computer skills, including Microsoft Office suite and PDF editor software.
• Thorough knowledge of human resource information system capabilities
To apply: https://championx.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com/en-US/ChampionX_External/job/USA---Texas---Crowley/Human-Resources-Generalist---HF---Crowley--TX_R00114665