Quanex - Arlington, TX
The Human Resources Coordinator is responsible for performing various tasks to support the daily operations of Human Resources. The successful candidate will play an integral role in maintaining time and attendance, HRIS, answering employee questions, processing paperwork, maintaining records and supporting plant operations.
• Manage administrative activities for the Human Resources department (data entry, filing, process invoices, reporting, etc.).
• Assist with administrative activities for plant operations when needed.
• Responsible for time and attendance administration and reviewing payroll previews.
• Responsible for the creation, maintenance and accuracy of personnel records into HRIS to include: new hires, terminations, salary changes and organizational changes.
• Point of contact for employees with HR related questions and issues including: benefits, payroll, employee leave, schedules and compensation.
• Assist with coordinating and facilitating new hire orientations and employee trainings, conducting research and developing presentations and materials.
• Support recruiting, onboarding and off boarding processes which includes processing new hire paperwork, onboarding and off-boarding.
• Provide comprehensive analytical and reporting support.
• Monitor employee leave of absence administration.
• Assist in creating employee communications.
• Support company policies to include the administration of the drug and alcohol program.
• Provide backup support to Human Resources team members to ensure consistent delivery of services to the workforce.
• Create and maintain employee personnel and confidential records.
• Will participate in special projects as assigned.
• Responsible for maintaining compliance with local, state and federal regulations concerning employment.
• Perform other job-related duties as requested.
• High school diploma or equivalent required.
• Associates degree preferred.
• Two or more years of administrative experience, preferably in Human Resources.
• Ability to continuously prioritize work, manage simultaneous tasks and interact with all levels of employees.
• Proven verbal and written communication skills.
• Able to conduct oneself in a professional manner at all times.
• Possess initiative to improve processes and have a customer service oriented mindset.
• Demonstrate ability to work with a wide range of sensitive and confidential information.
• Proficient in using MS Office (Word, PowerPoint, Excel).