We are the second largest wholesale distributor of adult beverages (wine & spirits) in America and . . . GROWING! Our growth as a multi-billion dollar industry leader means career growth for you! Be a leader of our culture which is about fun, family, and being the industry’s best! RNDC is seeking the best HR Specialist with potential to progress into a Manager role in the future. If you have hands-on HR experience in talent management, employment practices, and business consulting, then we have a great opportunity for you! Located in the Littleton, CO metroplex. No relocation benefits for external candidates.
Job Title: Specialist, Human Resources
Formal Job Title and Grade Level: AD303, Specialist II, Human Resources – Grade Level 05
Summary: This specialist role is a HR Professional with three or more years of Human Resources experience. The primary role of the Specialist, Human Resources will be to serve as a HR Team Member to the field-based state business providing generalist support and tactical execution on the RNDC Human Capital Strategic Plan. The scope of responsibility includes coaching supervisors and management on employment matters related to recruitment, selection, onboarding, training, performance management including disciplinary procedures, and talent management of the workforce.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
Human Resource Technical Expertise and Practice. Demonstrates the ability to apply the principles and practices of human resource management to contribute to the success of RNDC. The scope of expertise includes: Employee Relations; Employment Law Compliance on Personnel Administration and Practices; HR Technology; and the disciplines of Talent Management.
Relationship Management: Demonstrates the ability to manage interactions with and between others with the specific goal of providing service and organizational success. The scope of expertise includes: Business Networking Expertise; Visibility; Customer Service and Coaching (internal and external); Advocacy; Negotiation and Conflict Management; Credibility; Community Relations (Corporate Social Responsibility); Associate Engagement; Teamwork; and Mutual Respect.
1. Leads the local market/state CSR events including a primary role in the organization and management of events related to the annual CSR Calendar.
2. Serves as a frontline liaison and first point of contact with all Associates on matters related to human capital practices and/or employment issues.
3. Interfaces on a regular basis with HR vendors and manages/administers related practices or services (i.e., Concentra, ADP). On point to troubleshoot and resolve related issues.
4. Is highly visible in the relationship, management and execution of recruitment events at Colleges, Universities, and Military Installations.
Organizational Leadership and Navigation: Must demonstrate the ability to direct initiatives and processes within the organization with agility and to gain buy-in from stakeholders. The scope of expertise includes: Results and Goal-Oriented; Resource Management; Change Management; Political Savvy; Influence; and Consensus-Builder.
1. Assists with and/or may be accountable for the implementation of established, new or revised human capital practices, policies, and programs including HR technology solutions and platforms.
Communication: Must demonstrate the ability to effectively exchange and create a free flow of information with and among various stakeholders at all levels of the organization to produce impactful outcomes. Uses discretion on sensitive communication The scope of expertise includes: Verbal, Written, and Presentation Skills; Diplomacy; Effective Timely Feedback; Facilitation Skills; Meeting Effectiveness; Social Technology and Social Media Savvy.
1. Responsible for the execution of the New Hire Orientation Program and related processes.
2. Facilitates platform training of RNDC University courses related to Basic Management Training.
3. Facilitates market/state Associate Roundtables. Involved with the Town Hall events. Ensures Associate Engagement Action Plans are executed.
4. Ensures the Corporate Communication initiatives and practices are executed and visible at the local level.
Cultural Effectiveness: Must understand and demonstrate the best practices of cultural business and HR practices. The scope of expertise includes: Diversity and Inclusion Perspective; Openness to Various Perspectives and Experiences; Empathy; Tolerance for Ambiguity; Adaptability; and Cultural Awareness and Respect.
1. Ensures the local Affirmative Action Plan tactics are implemented and executed.
2. Assists with the implementation of Diversity/Culture programs at the local level.
3. Ensures the local Associate Engagement Survey Action Plan is implemented and successful.
Ethical Practice and Consultation: Must support and advocate the integrations of core values; integrity; and accountability throughout the assigned business units and Company’s business and human capital practices. Must understand and demonstrate the art of providing direct guidance to stakeholders seeking advice on a variety of situations. The scope of expertise includes: Rapport and Trust Building; Personal, Professional and Behavioral Integrity; Professionalism; and Credibility.
Critical Evaluation and Business Acumen: Must demonstrate the skill in interpreting data and other information in making business decisions and/or recommendations. The scope of expertise includes: Measurement and Assessment Skills; Critical Thinking; Problem Solving; Research Methodology; Decision-making; Effective Administration; Knowledge of Business Operations/Logistics; Knowledge of Government and Regulatory Guidelines; HR and Organization Metrics/Analytics/Business Indicators.
1. Responsible for the management of the local HR Scorecard process.
2. Subject matter expert on HR Technology solutions and system capability especially in the area of business intelligence. Responsible for building Associate capability on HR Technology solutions like Cornerstone and Taleo.
Other Duties: Other duties and responsibilities may be assigned throughout the course of employment not listed in the essential duties.
Qualifications: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and/or Experience: Three or more years related HR Specialist’s experience including supporting key supervisors/managers of a division or mid-size business unit. The Specialist, HR role should include experience in personnel practices and core talent management disciplines like recruitment, platform training, and performance management. Bachelor's degree from four-year College or university preferred. Consideration is given for equivalent combination of experience and education.
Other Requirements: There is local market travel required for the position to business offices outside the assigned home office. Field presence is estimated at 20% in a multi-market state.
Republic National Distributing Company is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. It is our policy not to discriminate against any Employee or Applicant. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, age, status as a protected veteran, among other things, or status as a qualified individual with disability. This policy of nondiscrimination in employment includes but is not limited to: recruitment, hiring, placement, promotion, transfer, employment advertising or solicitations, compensation, layoff or termination of employment.
Candidates must apply online at http://www.rndc-usa.com/opportunities