Organizational Development Specialist
THIS POSITION WILL CLOSE ON 2/23/2019.
SALARY: 59,923.00 - 74,904.00 Salary USD
Under general supervision, the incumbent provides an advanced level of direction and strategic focus to the City's workforce programs by conducting targeted needs analyses of employee development trends, designing and implementing proactive initiatives and coordinating and facilitating global and localized curriculum.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
1. Ability to advise managers, supervisors and Human Resources staff on development needs of staff and effective solutions to workforce issues.
2. Ability to design and implement assessment programs/surveys to identify leadership and management competencies, appropriate developmental needs and other employment trends.
3. Ability to research and analyze organizational trends and make recommendations impacting the workforces.
4. Ability to initiate, organize and undertake workforce initiatives in the form of courses, workshops and seminars or other programs.
5. Ability to direct planning and organization of workshops and write central core training courses and specific workshops.
6. Ability to leverage internal resources and design low cost programs/systems to optimize limited resources and maximize opportunities.
OTHER JOB FUNCTIONS:
7. Ability to interact with external training consultants to identify course objectives and content.
8. Ability to advise employees and management on appropriate training and leadership courses, counseling individuals as necessary.
9. Ability to maintain accurate training records, monitor costs and maintain budget control.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
Qualifying Education and Experience:
The above knowledge, skills and abilities may be demonstrated by a Bachelor's degree in human resources, organizational development, psychology or related field and three (3) years experience in organizational development or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
To apply: https://cityofarlington.csod.com/ats/careersite/JobDetails.aspx?site=1&id=360