City of Denton
Title: Talent Acquisition Partner (Recruiter)
Department/Division: Human Resources/Talent Acquisition & Development
APPLY ONLINE AT: dentonjobs.com
Definition: Works within established City guidelines and values to develop innovative approaches to help departments attract, select and retain employees. Also works with other HR employees/teams to support department initiatives.
· Partners with the Public Affairs Department to research and develop advertising/branding pieces and engage in community outreach to further recruiting efforts and build the City brand.
· Facilitates training classes on hiring/interviewing topics; trains and coaches supervisors in hiring practices and the use of the City’s hiring system; assists in other training courses as needed.
· Regularly communicates with City employees and outside citizens in regards to open positions, personnel records, and/or requests for information.
· Analyzes long term leave data for trends and opportunities for improvements. Provides long term hiring aggregate information and reports as requested.
· Displays high standards of ethical conduct and confidentiality.
· Ability to make discretionary decisions and handle administrative duties.
· Demonstrates ability to acquire understanding and absorb new information rapidly.
· Demonstrates consistent logic, rationality and objectivity in decision-making.
· Ability to work independently
· Regular attendance
Minimum Qualifications / Acceptable Equivalency:
· Any combination of education, experience, and certifications that will provide the knowledge, skills, and abilities to be successful in this position.
· Takes on new opportunities and tough challenges with a sense of urgency, high energy, and enthusiasm.
· Operates effectively, even when things are not certain or the way forward is not clear.
· Attracts and selects the best talent to meet current and future needs.
· Builds partnerships and works collaboratively with others to meet shared objectives.
· Builds strong customer relationships and delivers customer-centric solutions.
· Skilled at developing and delivering multi-mode communications that conveys a clear understanding of the unique needs of different audiences.
· Recognizes the value that different perspectives and cultures bring to an organization.
· Effectively builds formal and informal relationship networks inside and outside the organization.
· Maneuvers comfortably through complex policy, process, and people-related organizational dynamics.
· Adapts approach and demeanor in real time to match the shifting demands of different situations.
· Sees ahead to future possibilities and translates them into breakthrough strategies.