City of Denton
Title: Talent Development Specialist
Department/Division: Human Resources/Talent Acquisition & Development
APPLY ONLINE AT: dentonjobs.com
Definition: Responsible for coordinating the logistical elements of the talent development program including technical and administrative support of the learning management system. Partners with the Talent Acquisition & Development Manager to identify and assess training needs and develop and facilitate training and development programs.
· Assists in the design, development, coordination and facilitation of City training initiatives, analyzing progress and suggesting additional training options.
· Administers and maintains an extensive working knowledge of the Learning Management System (LMS)
· Provides information and application support by delivering information to supervisors & employees through customized departmental reports, updating individual quarterly progress reports, and other information as needed
· Develops and maintains a positive working relationship with training participants by assisting with employee development
· Assists in providing software application training using a variety of delivery methods including web-based and on-site
· Develops annual training schedule in LMS including coordinating all dates with facilitators, Human Resources Talent Acquisition & Development Manager, and training locations
· Markets training program by producing the annual Training Resource Guide
· Provides an optimal learning environment by ensuring the learning space is organized to provide adequate ADA accommodations, preparing sign-in sheets and purchasing food and supplies
· Organizes all training special events, luncheons, and/or activities
· Assists management of the training budget by monitoring all fees and/or supplies associated with the training program.
· Assists facilitators in preparing and editing workshop materials, may present training, may provide review, study sessions, and monitor training assessments
Minimum Qualifications / Acceptable Equivalency:
· High School Diploma or GED equivalency
· Four years experience working in Human Resources, training & development and/or the teaching environment.
· Any combination of related education, experience, certifications and licenses that will result in a candidate successfully performing the essential functions of the job.
· Takes on new opportunities and tough challenges with a sense of urgency, high energy, and enthusiasm.
· Builds partnerships and works collaboratively with others to meet shared objectives.
· Skilled at developing and delivering multi-mode communications that conveys a clear understanding of the unique needs of different audiences.
· Builds strong customer relationships and delivers customer-centric solutions.
· Recognizes the value that different perspectives and cultures bring to an organization.
· Creates a climate where people are motivated to do their best to help the organization achieve its objectives.
· Creates new and better ways for the organization to be successful.
· Relates openly and comfortably with diverse groups of people.
· Maneuvers comfortably through complex policy, process, and people-related organizational dynamics.
· Plans and prioritizes work to meet commitments aligned with organizational goals.
· Secures and deploys resources effectively and efficiently
· Adapts approach and demeanor in real time to match the shifting demands of different situations.